We salute the Matric Class of 2018 on their truly outstanding results in the 2018 National Senior Certificate and IEB examinations. Congratulations to all the girls, you have made us super proud as we celebrate another year of academic excellence.
Here is a summary of the results:
• The Class of 2018 achieved a 100% pass rate and a 100% Bachelor Degree pass.
• The 107 candidates achieved 568 subject distinctions (including Advanced Programme Mathematics and Advanced Programme English). This equates to an average of 5.3 subject distinctions per candidate.
• 15 girls attained an aggregate over 90%
• 75 girls attained an A aggregate (over 80%)
• A further 24 girls attained a B aggregate (over 70%)
• 15 of the 23 subjects achieved a subject average of over 80%. These are English, Advanced Programme Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Dramatic Arts, French, Geography, German, History, isiXhosa, Music, Visual Arts and Accounting.
Mathematics had an excellent average of 77.3% and Advanced Programme English 79.2%.
• 57 pupils (53%) achieved 6 or more subject distinctions and 81 pupils (76%) achieved 4 or more subject distinctions
• Outstanding pupil achievements:
9 subject distinctions (4 pupils): Jessica Austin, Emma Ford, Charlotte Louw and Imogen Michau
8 subject distinctions (20 pupils): Juliette Bennie, Caitlin Brooks, Helena Comitis, Jessie Cooper, Amber de Decker, Georgina de Sousa, Sophie Dyason, Sarah Ebell, Nabiha Ebrahim, Na’ilah Ebrahim, Sabriyyah Ebrahim, Alexa Goff, Malaika Kalassa, Maria Khan, Kyra Meyer, Nu Ayn Mohammed, Isla Sutherland, Yakeen Uddin, Savannah Viuff and Ziyaan Zoutenberg
7 subject distinctions (19 pupils): Selma Ahmed, Gina Alpert, Candice Boraine, Alex Collins, India Hardie, Tabitha Hatherill, Brittany Johnson, Joëlle Joubert, Ziyyan Khan, Tegan Lillie, Aleeza Malik, Mia Manthorp, Sophia Rabie, Kelci Rice, Ammaarah Roshan, Sara Ruiters, Alexandra Thompson, Jamie Wickens and Zeenat Zalgaonkir
6 subject distinctions (14 pupils): Zara Booth, Kelsey Brookes, Megan Collings, Gemma Earl, Sarah Erasmus, Alexia Frank, Jade Lanfear, Abigail Lorenz, Lindelani Mulaudzi, Sophia Petousis, Erin Roos, Ameerah Saban, Zara van der Vent and Angela Welham
Four girls achieved 100% for subjects: Joëlle Joubert and Sophia Rabie (Visual Arts), Nur Ayn Mohamed (Geography) and Margaux Verspieren (French)
The Dux for 2018 is Charlotte Louw (97%), followed by Nur Ayn Mohamed (96%) and Jessica Austin (93%) and Ilsa Sutherland (93%)
Well done, girls!