The following information must be submitted together with the application (both online or downloaded):
- proof of payment of the non-refundable registration fee of R350
- BANKING DETAILS:
Bank Name: First National Bank
Branch Code: 201109
Account Name: Herschel Association
Account Number: 62047919800
Reference: (Surname of student/Family Account Code + Grade)
- BANKING DETAILS:
- the applicant’s unabridged/abridged birth certificate accompanied by both parents’ ID copies
- applicant’s latest school report – end of Grade 6 report
- a valid study permit or proof of application thereof, in the case of non-South African citizens
- proof of legal guardianship (where applicable).
Application Download Process
- Download the Admissions Application
- Completed applications must be emailed to the Senior School Admissions Manager:
- Senior School – Hillary Morusi: [email protected] or dropped off in person at the Senior School reception.
Grade 8 Scholarship Applications
The awards offered at Herschel Girls School are awarded to Grade 7 students who have demonstrated a strong record of excellence or outstanding potential in one of the following areas: Academics, Sports, Music and Culture. Applications open from January to February of each year when applicants are in Grade 7.
Students who are considered for Academic scholarships have outstanding academic achievements, have taken the Scholarship Assessments and came out in the Top 5 and were then shortlisted for an interview at Herschel.
The value of the award can range between 20% to 70% of tuition fees and typically does not cover boarding fees.
- A completed admissions application form and proof of application fee.
- A copy of your daughter’s Birth Certificate, or Study Permit in case of non-SA citizens.
- Supporting financial documents as requested in the application
- A copy of your daughter’s latest school report (i.e. Grade 6, Term 4.)
- A ONE-page letter hand-written by the student outlining their expectations of a Herschel education and providing their reasons for wanting to attend Herschel. i.e. what they expect from Herschel as an educational institution and why they wish to come to Herschel.
Only this information is required unless the Admissions office requests additional information.