The following information must be submitted together with the application (both online or downloaded):
- proof of payment of the non-refundable registration fee of R350
- BANKING DETAILS:
Bank Name: First National Bank
Branch Code: 201109
Account Name: Herschel Association
Account Number: 62047919800
Reference: (Surname of student/Family Account Code + Grade)
- BANKING DETAILS:
- the applicant’s unabridged birth certificate or a birth certificate accompanied by both parents’ ID copies
- applicant’s latest school report – end of Grade 6 report
- a valid study permit or proof of application thereof, in the case of non-South African citizens
- proof of legal guardianship (where applicable).
Application Download Process
- Download the Admissions Application
- Completed applications must be emailed to the Senior School Admissions Manager:
- Senior School – Hillary Morusi: [email protected] or dropped off in person at the Senior School reception.
Online Application Process
- Complete the online Admissions Application by entering the Contact (Parent/s) details and the Pupil/s fields. Please ensure to fill in all segments.
- After submitting the application, the primary contact will receive an email response with a username and password to access the application. Please read through the Terms and Conditions before submitting.
- The contact will be able to log into the portal using the username and password to upload, edit details and complete the application form. To return to the application, revert to the Admissions application by selecting the online application option. Click on the login button positioned on the right side of the page.
- The contact will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the application. Only then is the application complete.
Grade 8 2024 Scholarship Applications
The awards offered at Herschel Girls School are awarded to Grade 7 students who have demonstrated a strong record of excellence or great potential in one of the following areas: Academics, Sports, Music and Culture.
Students who are considered for Academic scholarships are those who have outstanding academic achievements, have taken the Scholarship Assessments and came out in the Top 5 and then shortlisted for an interview at Herschel.
The value of the scholarship or bursary can range between 20% to 70% of tuition fees and typically does not cover boarding fees.
- A completed admissions application form and proof of application fee.
- A copy of your daughter’s ID/ Birth Certificate, or Study Permit in case of non-SA citizens.
- Supporting financial documents as requested in the application
- A copy of your daughter’s latest school report (i.e. Grade 6, Term 4.)
- A ONE-page letter hand-written by the student outlining their expectations of a Herschel education and providing their reasons for wanting to attend Herschel. i.e. what they expect from Herschel as an educational institution and why they wish to come to Herschel.
Only this information is required unless additional information is requested by the Admissions office.